Now I might be a bit bias but these brownies are so rich and fudgey, they’re definitely the best I’ve ever had! Im so excited to share this recipe with you. Make sure you allow the flax eggs to set completely prior to mixing them so they provide the right texture. Another important part of this recipe is the vegan butter, it’s really important for it to be room temperature after its melted otherwise the batter won’t combine properly.
I really hope you enjoy these! I think it’s also worth mentioning that they are sooo adaptable. Add an extra tbsp of coffee powder and boom; mocha brownies! Hopefully you enjoy these as much as I do, I highly suggest fresh out of the oven with vegan vanilla ice cream; absolutely drool-worthy.
- 4 tbsp Ground Flax + 3/4 cup Water ( 314g )
- 3/4 cup Vegan Butter, melted then room temp ( 140g )
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar ( 150g )
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar ( 236g )
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup or Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour ( 154g )
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder ( 105g )
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips ( 105g )
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a 9x9 baking dish with parchment. Leave a bit of overhang when lining the dish to make it easier to remove the baked brownies.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine your flax seeds and water. Set aside to create flax eggs.
- In a small pot over medium heat or in a microwave safe cup melt vegan butter. Once melted let sit to come back to room temperature.
- In a separate larger bowl combine dry ingredients; flour, espresso powder, salt, baking powder, then sift in cocoa powder.
- Once butter is room temp mix it in with the flax egg, sugars, and maple syrup.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix until almost fully incorporated, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared 9x9 baking dish and bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
* If you want more of a mocha brownie then you can add another tbsp of coffee powder! it makes it soo good!