These Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies are the perfect sweet treat for spring! I love them, and I’m so ready to start bringing more color into my recipes. I think they’d be a great easy dessert to bring for any easter parties you may be having as well, they are perfect for kiddos. I got the amazing Vegan sprinkles I used from a brand called Fancy Sprinkles. Not all of their products are Vegan so just make sure to double check the category you search under if you decide to order some. Also, I prefer my sugar cookies to spread a little less sometimes so when I want that, I will just up the flour by 1/4 cup and boom! Fluffy little cookie bites.
I love cookies, and well basically anything with a ton of color! That’s why I think this recipe is so appealing, you eat with your eyes first right? The one thing I will say is I personally prefer my treats to have a nice balance of salty and sweet. I think having a dessert recipe walk the line between flavors is what makes it so addicting! That’s why in this particular sugar cookie I use 1 tsp of salt instead of 1/2 like most people choose. For me that helps balance out how sweet they can be some times. If you REALLY love sugar then feel free to just do 1/2 tsp, it’s totally dependent on the flavor profiles you like the most! Anyway, let me know if you try this colorful treat and how it turned out!
- 1 Flax Egg ( 1 tbsp ground Flax, 3 tbsp Water)
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour ( 220 g )
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup room temp Vegan Butter ( 115 g )
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar ( 118 g )
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Vegan Sprinkles ( 80 g )
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make your flax egg in a small cup by mixing the ground flax with water and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix dry ingredients; flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Now in a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until combined, then stir in the flax egg and vanilla.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet until just incorporated, then gently fold in your choice of sprinkles.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. You should get about 12 medium sized cookies.
- Place them in the oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
* If you want fluffier sugar cookies that don't spread as much then add 1/4 cup of flour and cook for 10 minutes. That will makes cookies that don't really spread at all but their inside will be super fluffy. Like little cookie bites!
I’ve decided that in order to be consistent with my blog I’m going to need to just post new recipes twice a week instead of 3 times. I keep getting behind and it’s making me inconsistent, hopefully just until I get the total hang of posting. I really want to be successful with this and it can be hard when I work another job as well. So I was thinking Monday’s and Fridays would be good days? Perhaps Monday and Thursday? We will see next week I suppose. Building this blog and developing my brand has been more difficult then I could have ever imagined and I’ve only been posting for a month! I’m still trying to get ahold of my voice and style but I think I’m getting there slowly but surely. All that being said, I really appreciate your support of Morning Marigolds and hope you enjoy all of the posts and recipes to come!
Kyleigh // Morning Marigolds