I’ve been trying to create the perfect summer recipe for a couple months now and I think I finally did it! I’m so excited about how well this turned out and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do! I’d also like to mention that I think these are some of the best recipe photographs I’ve ever taken and it’s really cool to watch myself improve! If you’re interested, I highly suggest watching “The bite shot” on youtube, her videos have really helped me get better with food photography!
This fruit tart is not only delicious, but it’s also so pretty to look at! I almost didn’t want to eat it after I was finished putting the berries on. The best part is, you can make everything from the dough to the filling in a high speed food processor! It is so easy, I was honestly a bit surprised how well it worked. My number one tip would be to ensure that your cashews are fully soaked, either overnight or boiled for 20-30 minuets. If they aren’t fully soaked then your filling could come out grainy.
- - 1 stick of Vegan Butter (117g)
- - 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- - 1/2 cup of Vegan Powdered Sugar (61g)
- - 1 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour (180g)
- - 1 1/2 cups Cashews; either boiled for 30 minutes or soaked over night (238g)
- - 1 1/4 cups Plant Based Milk; I used Soy (225g)
- - 1 cup Vegan Powdered Sugar (110g)
- - 1 can Coconut Cream
- - 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- - 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a high speed food processor pulse all of the crust ingredients until a slightly crumbly dough is formed.
- Dump the dough onto a tart pan and using either your finger tips or the bottom of a measuring cup, press the dough into your pan. Try to get it into one uniformed shape with even thickness. It should easily mold to your tart pan and blend together.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the dough.
- Bake the crust at 350F for 20 minutes, it should be an even light golden brown after baking.
- Set aside to cool completely before adding your cashew filling.
- In the same high speed food processor blend your soaked or boiled cashews and plant based milk until a creamy consistency is reached. To avoid a grainy filling make sure your cashews are as soft as possible and that you are using a high speed blender or food processor. Add an extra tbsp of plant milk if it's not the right texture.
- Now add the rest of the filling ingredients and blend until fully combined.
- Your filling mixture should be thick and creamy, if you would like it sweeter then I suggest adding a tbsp or two of maple syrup!
- At this point your crust should be cool enough, pour on the filling mixture and then place the tart in the fridge to set for 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once your tart is completely set you can top it with your favorite summer berries! You can do this in all sorts of fun patterns to make it really cute!
I suggest soaking your cashews overnight for the best results but boiling works well enough too and it's often what I do to save time. Try to blend the cashews a little bit on their own and then add in the plant based milk. It helps to slowly add and then blend to avoid a grainy filling if you don't have the highest speed blender. Make sure you let the tart set up completely before serving!